Subject: 24.4; Built-in support on MS-Windows for visiting compressed files

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:17:11 +0200

Severity: wishlist

Currently, on MS-Windows, if gzip.exe is not available at run time, it
is not possible to visit .gz files.  So, for example, it is not possible
to read any info manual from a binary distribution made with a plain
"make install".

But it seems that limitation could be removed [1].  Hence this request
for having built-in support on MS-Windows for displaying compressed
files.

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-24 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr'

--
Dani Moncayo

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-10/msg00917.html