Subject: Re: bug#18815: 25.0.50; emacs crash

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:14:35 +0900

Hello Eli,

On Oct 28 2014, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So, if you start Emacs, visit a file with URLs, then "M-x ffap RET",
> you get a crash, just like that?

Yes. Simply like that. 

> This means your mode line has some non-trivial setup, and it is most
> probably that setup which triggers the problem.  Can you please tell
> which modes of those you invoke affect the mode line?  

Yes I just noticed that, the file has be elisp-mode and also in some
particular directory (el-get repository, may some thing to do its dir-locals,
don't really know anything).

> I want to be able to reproduce this problem on my system, because otherwise
> I don't see how I can solve this just by asking you to look around in the
> crashed session.

One thing I can do is giving shell access to you with active gdb session
running (via GNU screen). If its okay for you, I will write a private mail.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.
YYR