Subject: bug#18813: 25.0.50; gnus start fails unless image.el is loaded in advance.

From: enami tsugutomo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:32:23 +0900

Hi,

gnus start (i.e. M-x gnus) fails unless image.el is loaded in advance.
Here is a backtrace (with through cat -v and some sensitive data is
replaced with `...').  It looks like
gnus-mode-line-buffer-identification shadows load-path.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" "image")
  find-image(((:type xpm :file "gnus-pointer.xpm" :ascent center) (:type xbm :file "gnus-pointer.xbm" :ascent center)))
  gnus-mode-line-buffer-identification(("Gnus: %b {nntp:news}"))
  gnus-group-set-mode-line()
  gnus-dribble-enter("")
  gnus-dribble-touch()
  gnus-read-active-for-groups((nnimap "rplaca.sm.sony.co.jp" (nnimap-inbox "INBOX") (nnimap-split-methods (quote nnmail-split-fancy))) ... ((546 qresync nil "mail-lists.nsd-asunaro-sw" qresync)))
  gnus-get-unread-articles(nil nil)
  gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil)
  byte-code("^H\204^N^@	\204^N^@\306 \210\202L^@\307\310!\210\311\n!^S\f\204^^^@^M\203!^@\312 \210\313\314^N^X^H#\210\307\315!\210^N^Y\2036^@\316\317\320\"\210\321 \210\322^N^X!\210\323 \210\324\325!\210\326 \210\307\327!\210\314\207" [dont-connect did-connect gnus-startup-file gnus-current-startup-file gnus-slave gnus-use-dribble-file gnus-group-quit gnus-run-hooks gnus-startup-hook gnus-make-newsrc-file gnus-dribble-read-file gnus-setup-news nil gnus-setup-news-hook gnus-request-create-group "queue" (nndraft "") gnus-start-draft-setup gnus-group-list-groups gnus-group-first-unread-group gnus-configure-windows group gnus-group-set-mode-line gnus-started-hook level gnus-agent] 4)
  gnus-1(nil nil nil)
  gnus(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus nil)
  call-interactively(gnus record nil)
  command-execute(gnus record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "gnus")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "gnus")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-10-24 on sigabrt
Repository revision: 118187 [email-masked]
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x=no'

Configured features:
SOUND NOTIFY ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Recent input:
RET n ESC x l o a d SPC l i RET d e b u g TAB RET ESC 
x s e t SPC v a TAB RET d e b u g - o n SPC e r TAB 
RET t RET ESC x g n u s RET y ESC x l o a d SPC l i 
b TAB RET h e l p - m o d e RET ESC x g n u s RET y 
C-x h ESC w ESC x e DEL r e p o SPC r TAB RET ESC w 
q ESC x r e p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Opening connection to rplaca.sm.sony.co.jp...done
nnimap rplaca.sm.sony.co.jp splitting mail...
nnimap read 0k from rplaca.sm.sony.co.jp
nnimap rplaca.sm.sony.co.jp splitting mail...done
Entering debugger...
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...
command-execute: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, emacsbug
Back to top level
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail help-mode cus-edit cus-start
cus-load debug regexp-opt utf-7 nndraft nnmh rfc2104 network-stream
auth-source cl-macs gv eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime
password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date japan-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process inotify multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 302720 43408)
 (symbols 48 26593 0)
 (miscs 40 91 113)
 (strings 32 39793 4599)
 (string-bytes 1 1274215)
 (vectors 16 18590)
 (vector-slots 8 535542 7646)
 (floats 8 225 313)
 (intervals 56 242 51)
 (buffers 976 23)
 (heap 1024 33799 4482))