Subject: 24.4; url.el user agent does not include Emacs version

From: Phil Hagelberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:32:24 -0700

The url.el functions for making HTTP requests set the User-Agent header
to "URL/Emacs" which is not very descriptive. It would be helpful to
include the Emacs version, at least.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2014-10-20 on enigma
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 (wheezy)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  idle-highlight-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
F C-x C-f r e a <return> M-< C-x ' C-s m a r m a l 
M-< C-v C-l C-n C-e C-b C-b C-b C-SPC M-b M-b M-b M-b 
M-b M-b M-b M-b M-w C-v C-v C-x C-f <backspace> <backspace> 
. e m <return> e l <return> r e c <return> c i d <return> 
y C-x k <return> C-n C-n C-x k <return> C-x k <return> 
C-x b C-n <return> C-x C-f C-g C-c C-c C-x C-g C-n 
TAB TAB k y F - r F P P C-x k <return> C-x b C-g C-x 
o C-c g C-x k <return> C-h v u s e r - a g e C-g C-h 
f u r l - r e t <return> C-x ' C-e C-x b h e l p <return> 
C-e M-b <return> C-x ' M-< C-s u s e r - a g e n t 
C-a C-s u r l / e m a C-a M-x u r l - r e t C-g C-x 
b C-g C-x b s c a <backspace> r a <return> ( u r l 
- r e t r M-/ - s M-/ SPC " h t t p : / / h t t p b 
i n . o r g / h e a d e r s C-e C-x C-e C-x b h t t 
p b i <return> C-x b C-n <return> M-< C-s U R L / <backspace> 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a C-s a g 
e n t C-s C-a C-x b <return> C-x b h t t p b <return> 
C-x b <return> C-x b <return> C-s U s e r C-a C-v C-v 
M-x r e p o r t - e <return>

Recent messages:
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
Using try-expand-dabbrev-all-buffers [2 times]
Contacting host: httpbin.org:80
#<buffer  *http httpbin.org:80*>
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail url-http url-gw url-cache
url-auth eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe smerge-mode
yaml-mode sgml-mode texinfo gitignore-mode conf-mode pcmpl-unix flyspell
ispell hippie-exp mule-util magit-key-mode magit view grep epa epg
diff-mode autorevert filenotify git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode server
log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log markdown-mode noutline outline
recentf tree-widget wid-edit network-stream starttls tls cider
cider-mode cider-repl cider-eldoc pkg-info find-func epl hi-lock
misearch multi-isearch vc-git clojure-test-mode rx cider-interaction
compile arc-mode archive-mode cider-stacktrace easy-mmode cider-client
nrepl-client cider-util ewoc dash which-func clojure-mode imenu inf-lisp
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell format-spec
elisp-slime-nav etags paredit whitespace idle-highlight-mode thingatpt
hl-line page-break-lines em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script
em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic
em-banner em-alias pcomplete comint ansi-color esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util winner ring scpaste htmlize url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap find-file-in-project
better-defaults paren edmacro kmacro saveplace ido-hacks advice smex ido
magit-autoloads .loaddefs el-get el-get-autoloads el-get-list-packages
el-get-dependencies el-get-build el-get-status pp el-get-methods
el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip
el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go
el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify
help-mode easymenu el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git
el-get-elpa package epg-config el-get-darcs el-get-cvs el-get-bzr
el-get-brew el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get el-get-recipes derived
el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom el-get-core cl-macs autoload help-fns
lisp-mnt bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 289204 29504)
 (symbols 48 34079 0)
 (miscs 40 2049 2541)
 (strings 32 71001 6561)
 (string-bytes 1 1923368)
 (vectors 16 35186)
 (vector-slots 8 1476900 204832)
 (floats 8 265 689)
 (intervals 56 5110 54)
 (buffers 960 84)
 (heap 1024 53550 2663))