Subject: bug#18806: grep -rP getline crashes prematurely (without displaying all results) on invalid UTF-8 input with LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:15:16 +0300

Hi all,

see:

https://github.com/shlomif/grep-bug-big5-utf8-from-IO-All

You can cd to the directory and run "bash -x REPRODUCE.bash" (After seeing
that it does not do anything harmful). I am getting:

shlomif@telaviv1:~/GREP-test$ LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 grep -rP getline grep-test/

grep-test/round_robin.t:while (my $line = $io->getline || $io->getlinegrep:
internal PCRE error: -32

with the latest git grep.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
UNIX Fortune Cookies - http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/

Xena the warrior princess can meet King David for breakfast and Julius Caesar
for lunch. Without time travel.

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .