Subject: 24.3.94; package.el error when setting load-path.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:09:46 +0200

Hi,

I have one bug report in helm about package.el:
https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/676

I think the problem comes from this line in the generated autoload file
in all the *-autoloads.el files:

(add-to-list 'load-path (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path)))

The error comes from (file-name-directory nil)

Can you clarify what is (file-name-directory #$)
                                             ^^
I didn't find documentation about this syntax.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.94.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2014-10-18 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-b C-g <f7> m <return> d <down> d <down> d <down> 
d <down> <down> d <down> <down> <down> <down> d d d 
d <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> d <down> d d <down> 
<down> d d <down> d <down> d d d d <down> d <down> 
d q <return> <return> <down> <return> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> d <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> d d <down> d d <down> 
<up> <up> <up> q q y <f8> U b u <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> q q q C-x C-f <left> <left> <left> e m 
s d <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <right> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <right> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> <down> <down> <down> C-M-SPC M-w C-x k <return> 
M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done
[mu4e] Started mu4e with 15283 messages in store
[mu4e] Retrieving mail...done
[mu4e] Indexing... processed 15000, updated 3
[mu4e] Indexing completed; processed 15285, updated 3, cleaned-up 0
[mu4e] mu4e-main-mode
[mu4e] Found 1 matching message
Parsing magit-autoloads.el (LL)...done
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.94/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug helm-command semantic/tag-write w3m-form
mule-util gnus-html url-cache smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-bcklg qp
gnus-async gnus-ml nndraft nnmh nnml nnfolder parse-time netrc gnutls
network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
nntp gnus-cache semantic/bovine/c hideif semantic/bovine/c-by
semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/analyze/refs cc-langs
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs semantic/bovine/make semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/bovine/make-by make-mode
conf-mode vc-rcs sh-script smie executable markdown-mode vc-hg
semantic/tag-file semantic/wisent/python semantic/decorate/include
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep
semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent rx
vc-git semantic/db-find naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
semantic/db-ref semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files align-let
git-gutter server psession golden-ratio semantic/bovine/el
semantic/db-el eieio-opt help-mode semantic/bovine semantic/db-mode
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet winner undo-tree
diff slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
gud apropos etags arc-mode archive-mode image-file xdvi-search
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix
pcmpl-gnu em-term term disp-table ehelp helm-ipython helm-elisp
helm-eval python json eldoc-eval warnings whitespace paren time recentf
tree-widget savehist mu4e-config org-mu4e helm-mu mu4e-contrib mu4e
mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark
mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-about
mu4e-vars mu4e-meta gnus-dired nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo
config-w3m w3m-search w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util w3m-load smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail dired-async
iterator lacarte iedit-rect iedit iedit-lib smallurl mm-url gnus
gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit rectangle-utils rect ledger-config ledger
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-arg esh-util tv-utils pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse
pcvs-info pcvs-defs pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth cl-info hyperspec
slime-autoloads esh-toggle flymake no-word htmlize cl dired-extension
emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat org-config-thierry ob-sh
org-crypt appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper
addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs init-helm-thierry
helm-mode helm-dictionary helm-ls-git helm-descbinds helm-ls-hg
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
bookmark pp helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep
helm-regexp helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-utils dired compile
comint ansi-color ring helm-locate helm helm-source vc vc-dispatcher
helm-config helm-autoloads async-bytecomp cl-macs gv async helm-aliases
epa-file epa derived epg auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache package epg-config avoid cus-start cus-load w3m-wget info
easymenu edmacro kmacro advice help-fns net-utils cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 855069 37699)
 (symbols 48 68881 14)
 (miscs 40 43474 1086)
 (strings 32 200943 25109)
 (string-bytes 1 5629491)
 (vectors 16 62098)
 (vector-slots 8 1075816 21743)
 (floats 8 1838 566)
 (intervals 56 2704 0)
 (buffers 960 162)
 (heap 1024 64882 9215))
-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997