Subject: 25.0.50; Can't copy to clipboard on OS X

From: Ivan Andrus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:58:59 +0000

>From Emacs -Q configured with --with-ns, kill some text (e.g. from the
*scratch* buffer) and then try and paste it into another program.
Notice that it hasn't been copied.  This works on the emacs-24 branch.

I tried tracking it down and it seems to be due to STRINGP (data)
failing on line 369 of src/nsselect.m.  I didn't try debugging further
to see _why_ it was failing.  I also did not try bisecting it, but I can
do that if desired.

Thanks,
Ivan

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.5 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F34))
of 2014-10-22 on iandrus-osx
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns'

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> <double-down-mouse-3> <double-mouse-3>
C-y <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> s-x M-x r e p o <tab>
r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [5 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 77472 5549)
(symbols 48 18104 1)
(miscs 40 51 163)
(strings 32 11980 4326)
(string-bytes 1 314371)
(vectors 16 9543)
(vector-slots 8 383880 9004)
(floats 8 61 258)
(intervals 56 210 15)
(buffers 976 12))