Subject: RE: bug#18795: 25.0.50; Error when click window-mgr icon to close window (frame) and quit Emacs

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:34:43 -0700 (PDT)

> > I saw no announcement for that.
> > This is the only announcement I saw:
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-
> > 10/msg00713.html
> 
> The Emacs development list is not the place for people to announce
> that they have (gasp) compiled Emacs and put it on a server.

It was announced in the past.

But I guess you are hinting that in spite of this message you sent:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-10/msg00797.html,
when a Windows binary is uploaded there will be no announcement for
it.  That is different from past practice.

> > That was sent to emacs-devel. I saw nothing at all in the info-gnu
> > list, which previously was used for such announcments.
> 
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2014-10/msg00008.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu-emacs/2014-10/msg00002.html

I am subscribed to [email-masked]. It's possible that I
received the message twice, once for emacs-devel and once for
info-gnu-emacs, and I deleted the latter.

The real point is that there was no announcement of a posting
of Windows binaries.  No problem, if it is just a matter of time,
as suggested in your emacs-devel msg (today) cited above.

But it will be a shame if the practice of announcing this is
dropped because you don't think posting a Windows binary is
announcement-worthy.   On n'arrete pas le progres.