Subject: 24.4; python mode eldoc unnecessarily resizes echo area

From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:01:32 -0300

I cannot replicate this issue with Python 2.7.6 and Python 3.4.0

Given the following example file:

    try:
        from urlparse import urlparse
    except ImportError:
        from urllib.parse import urlparse

    urlparse

    def afunction(a, b, c=3, d=None):
        pass

Sending it with `python-shell-send-buffer` and then enabling eldoc-mode.

The observed behavior is:

  1. Placing the cursor over "urlparse", echo area displays "Parse a URL
  into 6 components:", without extra newline.

  2. Placing the cursor over "afunction", shows the signature of the
  function without extra newlines.

I'm closing this one, if you have a proper recipe, please re-open with
it.

Fabián