Subject: bug#18779: 24.4; Compilation error on Mac OS X Yosemite

From: "Jan D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 18:39:27 +0100

Glenn Morris skrev den 2015-02-05 17:59:
> "Jan D." wrote:
>
>> If you don't have anything in /usr/include you havent installed the
>> command line tools, which Emacs kind of assumes you have, i.e.
>
> Is it possible/worth it to add some basic sanity-checking to
> configure.ac that tests this?
>

Normally, configure fails badly, can't find compiler and such, if 
command line tools are not installed.  I guess you can compile without 
them, using homebrew or some such (have not tried it), so it is not an 
absolute requirement.

The test for libxml should add -I/Applications/Xcode.app/.... to where 
libxml is, if not in /usr/include.  It is hard to know what failed 
without the full config.log.  I suspect that the config.log is lost.

	Jan D.