Subject: Re: bug#1877: Request: Regular expressions that can match Unicode general categories

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 07:28:06 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is not clear to me which categories are of interest here.  Some of
> them are nowadays definitely available indirectly via the classes
> mentioned above (they weren't available in Emacs 23 when the bug was
> filed).  Maybe the OP could provide an explicit list of categories
> needed for this Scheme mode, together with their required usage in
> this mode.  Looking at R6RS sec 4.2.1, all I see is "whitespace"
> (which we provide via [:blank:]), "letter" (provided by [:alpha:]),
> "digit" (provided by [:alnum:]), and "intraline whitespace" (provided
> by [:blank:]).  If this is all, then we have all the required support
> now.

There was no response here (in two years), so I'm guessing that we have
the categories required, and I'm closing this bug report.  If there are
any further categories that would be useful to have added, please
respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no