Subject: Re: bug#18766: 25.0.50; eldoc (after commit fb9dbc05a3ca0b3e69afd5b061c84c3802086834)

From: Dmitriy Igrishin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 12:10:04 +0400

2014-10-19 11:38 GMT+04:00 Dmitriy Igrishin <[email-masked]>:

>
>
> 2014-10-19 5:53 GMT+04:00 Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>:
>
>> > I just switch to any non elisp-mode buffer (or create a new one)
>> > and move the point line by line. And on every point's move this
>> > message echoes in the minibuffer.
>>
>> As said, I don't see this.  A good recipe usually starts with
>> "emacs -Q".
>>
> Oops, it seems to me, that something was messed up on my host.
> I've removed all stuff related to Emacs and rebuild from current
> source tree. And this message is gone. Sorry for noise.
>
Sorry again, but this message is gone because of the workaround in
my init.el: (global-eldoc-mode -1) I just forget about this.

As I said, I've completely clean my host from all stuff related to Emacs
and rebuild it from current source tree. The problem remains. Even
starting if I start Emacs as: emacs -Q --no-site-file --no-site-lisp.
I've toggle-debug-on-error and got the following backtrace:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function
eldoc-documentation-function-default)
  eldoc-documentation-function-default()
  #[0 "\302 \204\205\303\304!\210\304\207\303 !\207" [eldoc-last-message
eldoc-documentation-function eldoc-display-message-p eldoc-message nil] 2]()
  funcall(#[0 "\302 \204\205\303\304!\210\304\207\303 !\207"
[eldoc-last-message eldoc-documentation-function eldoc-display-message-p
eldoc-message nil] 2])
  eldoc-print-current-symbol-info()
  #[0 "\204\f \205\n\205\303 \207" [eldoc-mode global-eldoc-mode
eldoc-documentation-function eldoc-print-current-symbol-info] 1]()
  apply(#[0 "\204\f \205\n\205\303 \207" [eldoc-mode global-eldoc-mode
eldoc-documentation-function eldoc-print-current-symbol-info] 1] nil)
  byte-code("r\301\302H\303H\"\210)\301\207" [timer apply 5 6] 4)
  timer-event-handler([t 0 0 500000 t #[0 "\204\f \205\n\205\303 \207"
[eldoc-mode global-eldoc-mode eldoc-documentation-function
eldoc-print-current-symbol-info] 1] nil idle 0])

-- 
// Dmitry.