Subject: Re: bug#18756: 24.4; shell-script-mode does wrong indentation

From: Daniel Daboul <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 21:35:26 +0300

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

> You are definitely running the same version of Emacs on both systems,
> with no local changes, and no .emacs etc issues?
>

Yes, I just downloaded the package you announced
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-24.4-rc1.tar.xz

and then basically ran ...
../emacs-24.4/configure --prefix=$HOME/r/$VER \
  --with-gif=no --without-pop --without-sound --without-gpm --without-dbus
--with-x-toolkit=lucid
I also made a version with
  --without-x \

make
src/emacs-24.4.1 -Q
src/emacs-24.4.1 -Q -nw

... which, AFAIK, excludes all local configuration files.

BTW, I had seen the problem earlier in some of the 24.3.9x versions
which I tried. But back than, I ignored it, hoping for the best.

I am now using 24.3.1 on Suse which runs fine and which I also
configured as similar as possible.