Subject: Re: bug#18746: blurred fonts

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:50:36 +0300

[Once again, PLEASE keep the bug address on the CC list, so that this
discussion gets archived by the bug tracker.]

> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:23:12 +0200
> From: Angelo Borsotti <[email-masked]>
> 
> I uninstalled the updates, and got the fonts right.
> However, that is not a solution since sooner or later I would have to install
> them so as to keep my Windows 7 secure and up to date.
> Enven installing the updates one by one would help little: suppose I spot the
> one that causes the problem, I do not have the sources of it, and not even a
> detailed description of what it changes. So, I cannot know what specific thing
> is tweaking that causes the problem, and then the most I can do is not to
> install it (but it will come up each time Windows Update runs ...).

Did you try adjusting ClearType before you uninstalled the updates?

As for uninstalling: I agree that it is not the best solution, which
is why I suggested to try and find the one that has to be
uninstalled.  That way, you won't miss all the other updates.