Subject: bug#18716: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 00:23:01 +0000

Your bug report

#18716: 24.3; dired-omit-extensions's default value omits COPYING.LIB

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18716: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18716
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 00:22:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 24.3; dired-omit-extensions's default value omits COPYING.LIB
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:50:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a bit unfortunate for a GNU program! The pattern that matches
is, I presume, “*.lib”; the obvious question, for me, on a
case-sensitive filing system is, need it be case-insensitive? After all,
omitting .lib files seems sensible to me, but this is a .LIB file.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  dtrt-indent-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-x k <return> C-x C-f 
<M-backspace> i n t <tab> <return> C-s C O P Y I N 
G . L B C-a C-s O P Y <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C O P Y I N G C-s C-s C-s C-a C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n M-< C-x C-f C O P <tab> <tab> <tab> <return> C-x 
b <return> M-o M-o M-o M-o M-o M-o M-o C-h v d i r 
e d - o m i <tab> e x <tab> <return> C-s l i b C-s 
C-s C-a M-x r e p o r t b <backspace> - e m a c s - 
b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Omitted 3 lines.
Dired-Omit mode disabled
Omitting...
Omitted 3 lines.
Dired-Omit mode disabled
Omitting...
Omitted 3 lines.
Dired-Omit mode disabled
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/.dir-locals
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/el-get/.dir-locals
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/dictionary/lpath hides /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/auctex/lpath
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-xls-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-xls-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-mouse
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-noweb hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-noweb
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp5-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp5-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sta-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sta-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-comp hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-comp
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-compat hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-compat
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-toolbar hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-toolbar
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-arc-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-arc-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-dde hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-dde
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-lsp-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-lsp-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-gui hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-gui
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-install hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-install
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sas-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sas-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-utils hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-utils
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-rdired hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-rdired
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sas-a hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sas-a
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/msdos hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/msdos
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-font-lock hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-font-lock
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-jags-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-jags-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/make-regexp hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/make-regexp
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-gretl hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-gretl
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sta-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sta-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-s4-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-s4-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-trns hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-trns
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-custom hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-custom
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-noweb-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-noweb-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-roxy hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-roxy
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-debug hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-debug
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-rd hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-rd
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sas-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sas-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-menu hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-menu
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-args hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-args
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp3-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp3-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-omg-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-omg-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-vst-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-vst-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp6-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp6-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-s3-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-s3-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-swv hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-swv
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/mouseme hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/mouseme
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-inf hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-inf
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp4-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp4-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-help hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-help
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-developer hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-developer
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-s-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-s-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp6w-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp6w-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-omg-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-omg-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-tracebug hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-tracebug
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-a hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-a
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-noweb-font-lock-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-send2 hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-send2
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-rutils hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-rutils
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-site hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-site
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-send hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-send
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/essd-els hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/essd-els
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-bugs-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-eldoc hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-eldoc
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-bugs-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-julia hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-julia
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/apache-mode/apache-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/apache-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/contrib/lisp/htmlize hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/htmlize
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/quack/quack hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/quack
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/graphviz-dot-mode/graphviz-dot-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/graphviz-dot-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/browse-kill-ring/browse-kill-ring hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/browse-kill-ring
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/filladapt/filladapt hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/filladapt
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/xrdb-mode/xrdb-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/xrdb-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/markdown-mode/markdown-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/markdown-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/cmake-mode/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/cdargs hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cdargs
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/whitespace hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/whitespace
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/cperl-mode/cperl-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/flymake/flymake hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail dired-aux
mail-utils network-stream starttls cperl-mode misearch multi-isearch
json-mode json-reformat json-snatcher rx paredit js css-mode tern
url-http tls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
url-gw json js3-mode imenu js3-parse js3-browse js3-highlight js3-ast
js3-messages js3-scan js3-util js3-vars cc-langs js3-externs autoconf
autoconf-mode sh-script smie vc-git make-mode flymake window-margin
org-element avl-tree org-indent org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m face-remap flyspell ispell goto-addr smart-quotes
vlf-autoloads ff-paths uniquify paren server savehist minibuf-eldef
icomplete autorevert cus-start cus-load iimage org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs go-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
mailcap ffap dired-x desktop undo-tree diff whitespace url-util tex dbus
xml crm locate yasnippet derived quack cmuscheme scheme po-mode php-mode
etags cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe org-loaddefs init-paredit
ido-hacks magit-autoloads geiser-load geiser frame-restore flymake-point
filladapt dtrt-indent warnings init-eldoc eldoc-extension
auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads .loaddefs el-get el-get-autoloads
el-get-list-packages el-get-dependencies el-get-build el-get-status pp
el-get-methods el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip
el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go
el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify
help-mode el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git url-parse
auth-source eieio byte-opt gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars el-get-elpa package cl-macs gv el-get-darcs el-get-cvs
el-get-bzr el-get-brew el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get el-get-recipes
el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom el-get-core autoload bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl dired user-site-loaddefs ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse
mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a shell pcomplete ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d compile ess-tracebug
format-spec ess-roxy advice cl-lib advice-preload hideshow ess-help
ess-developer ess-r-args eldoc help-fns ess-s-l ess ess-inf comint
ansi-color ring ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom executable
easymenu ess-compat ess-site emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode devhelp time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org/