Subject: Re: bug#18710: 24.3; icalendar-import-file does not respect daylight savings

From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 17:34:00 +0200

Christophe Troestler <[email-masked]> writes:

> but when I convert the attached ICS calendar containing an event with
> the following dates:
>
>     DTSTART:20141103T121500Z
>     DTEND:20141103T141500Z
>
> with (icalendar-import-file "a.ics" "a"), I get
>
>     3/11/2014 14:15-16:15 ...
>
> Thus the conversion did not use the fact that, at this date, the
> winter time (UTC+1) is in use and not UTC+2 (the current time).

Thanks for reporting.  This is a duplicate of bug #15408 which has been
resolved on trunk.

Closing this bug.

BTW: `calendar-daylight-savings-starts-time' and
`calendar-daylight-savings-ends-time' are not important here.  Rather it
is `calendar-daylight-savings-starts' and
`calendar-daylight-savings-ends'.  But you probably would not need to
touch these either.  Please have a look at the "Daylight Saving Time"
section in the Emacs manual.