Subject: Re: bug#18705: 24.3.93; Hang in ns_select -> [NSApp run] -> oo

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 07:36:18 +0200

Hi.

Don't remove the debbugs address.

15 okt 2014 kl. 20:59 skrev Jim Radford <[email-masked]>:

> 
> What doesn't make sense is running two main loops in the same thread
> and trying to alternatively spin on one (EmacsApp run) and then the
> other (select) without knowing which might produce the next event.
> That is guaranteed to fail, as I am seeing.

Probably.  That is why we don't do that.

> 
> I'm going to guess that you can't register file descriptors with the
> Cocoa main loop nor get a file descriptor from it that you can pass to
> select?  Could we instead spawn a thread just to run select() in a
> loop, passing the results to the main thread as a Cocoa event?  Or
> visa versa?

We do that.

	Jan D.