Subject: bug#18699: 25.0.50; Windows 7: Odd length text property list

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 15:49:13 +0300

> From: [email-masked] (Óscar Fuentes)
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:46:22 +0200
> 
> The MinGW-w64 guys say that _W64 is not the rigth way of checking that
> we are targeting Windows 64. _WIN64 is.

I'm quite sure at some point someone told me the exact opposite of
this, whcih is why you see what you see in nt/inc/.

> The right way to detect MinGW-w64 is to test for __MINGW64_VERSION_MAJOR
> *after* including some C runtime header or _mingw.h, because it is not a
> preprocessor predefined macro.

It is a PITA that the MinGW64 compiler doesn't define some clear-cut
macro for that without the need to include headers.  IME this is a
terrible maintenance headache in the long run.  Perhaps you could ask
the MinGW64 developers to change their mind about that.

What about __x86_64__, does it perhaps fit the bill already?

> Eli, can you take care of the ALIGN_STACK fix?

Done in trunk revision 118105.

> I'll send a patch for the rest of _W64 cases, if nobody beats me to
> it.

TIA