Subject: bug#18698: closed (Re: bug#18698: Our WindowMaker wrapper pollutes PATH in the entire X session)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:00:04 +0000

Your bug report

#18698: Our WindowMaker wrapper pollutes PATH in the entire X session

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18698: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18698
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18698: Our WindowMaker wrapper pollutes PATH in the entire X session
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:59:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> We install a wrapper script around WindowMaker that prepends
> /gnu/store/XXX-windowmaker-XXX/bin to $PATH.  This setting is propagated
> to all subprocesses in the entire X session, which is suboptimal.  It
> would be nice to find another solution, preferably by using absolute
> pathnames when launching subprocesses run by WindowMaker.

Fixed in be05e64.

Ludo’.

Subject: Our WindowMaker wrapper pollutes PATH in the entire X session
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 20:48:49 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

We install a wrapper script around WindowMaker that prepends
/gnu/store/XXX-windowmaker-XXX/bin to $PATH.  This setting is propagated
to all subprocesses in the entire X session, which is suboptimal.  It
would be nice to find another solution, preferably by using absolute
pathnames when launching subprocesses run by WindowMaker.

      Mark