Subject: Re: bug#18683: Patch for wish-list item: 560

From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 04:54:30 -0700

The work is here https://github.com/vitoshka/image-transform/

It's an uniform and extensible interface to internal imagemagic and
convert backends. Virtually any type of transformation could be done
from inside of emacs and multiple transformation can be stacked.

The reason I got stuck back then is that I wanted to implement
interactive cropping with the mouse. I have looked into that but
couldn't figure a good way to do so. In hindsight, I should have
finished that I had and pushed to emacs and only then think about the
rest.

Within a week or two I will have loads of free time again so I will be
finishing it for sure this time.

  Vitalie

 >>> Matthew Leach on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:52:08 +0100 wrote:

 > Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:
 >> Matthew Leach wrote:
 >> 
 >>> Attached is a simple patch that adds {+-}90 degree rotation to image
 >>> mode as requested in [1].
 >> 
 >> Thanks. It would have better to send this to the existing report, rather
 >> than creating a new one, but no worries.

 > Oops, sorry.

 >> 
 >> 
 >> Anyway, see also unfinished (as far as I know?) patch to do this and
 >> more at:
 >> 
 >> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-07/msg00610.html> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-10/msg00264.html

 > Ah, I didn't know there were already candidate patches written,
 > apologies for that.