Subject: bug#18672: Bug#625834: psgml: does not work (?)

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 11:40:01 -0500

[If possible, please preserve the -forwarded address in any replies.]

Apparently, in Debian, when both the emacs24 and psgml[1] packages are
installed, psgml will work fine until/unless nxml-mode is invoked.
After that nxml takes over.

  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=625834

  [1] http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/p/psgml/psgml_1.4.0-5_copyright

In that thread, I said:

  Assuming I understand things correctly, it looks like the defalias was
  an intentional upstream change, so I'm going to be hesitant to adjust it
  just for Debian:

    http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/commitdiff/a37df73784c539f504c9740f7eabd371b4bcd0a7

  Given that, this doesn't seem like a Debian-specific problem, at least
  not yet.  It sounds like something that should be worked out between the
  PSGML and Emacs maintainers.

So I wanted to see what you think about the issue.

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4