Subject: 24.3.94; loading theme doesn't change background

From: "Clifford E. Wulfman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 12:10:01 +0000

M-x load-theme "deeper blue" causes fringe and font colors to change,
but background is not changed. The same with other themes.  Themes
appear to load normally when emacs is invoked with -Q.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.94.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2014-10-04 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x r e p o r t SPC e SPC b SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/cwulfman/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils all-autoloads tex-site
calmer-forest-theme-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads golden-ratio-autoloads
markdown-mode+-autoloads paredit-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads info
easymenu python-info-autoloads zotelo-autoloads package epg-config
slime-autoloads whattf-dt html5-langs time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 118537 4432)
(symbols 48 20332 0)
(miscs 40 39 129)
(strings 32 31432 4404)
(string-bytes 1 607197)
(vectors 16 11992)
(vector-slots 8 408111 3117)
(floats 8 62 63)
(intervals 56 176 0)
(buffers 960 11))