Subject: bug#18653: closed (Re: bug#18653: 25.0.50; No method window-system-initialization for nil frame)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 03:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18653: 25.0.50; No method window-system-initialization for nil frame

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18653: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18653
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#18653: 25.0.50; No method window-system-initialization for nil frame
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 23:05:29 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> *ERROR*: No method window-system-initialization for nil frame

Oops, sorry.  Should be fixed now,

        Stefan

Subject: 25.0.50; No method window-system-initialization for nil frame
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 07:47:23 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I updated and built emacs trunk this morning.

I ran "emacs -Q" then M-x server-start.
Then in a terminal window I tried "emacsclient -t".

emacsclient reports

*ERROR*: No method window-system-initialization for nil frame

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-10-07 on pokyo
Repository revision: 118068 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> ! <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> M-x t 
r o m <tab> s e t <tab> <return> C-z n M-x M-p C-g 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> C-c r n n SPC E SPC SPC 
n <backspace> E S-SPC C-u <return> E S-SPC = E E E 
E E E q SPC Q y M-x r e p o t <backspace> r t - e m 
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Type C-x 4 b RET to restore old contents of the bbdb-list window.
Add address "[email-masked]" to "..."? (y or n) y
 
Make "[email-masked]" the primary address? (y or n) n
 
noticed Nextdoor ...'s address "[email-masked]"
Expiring articles...done
Opening nnimap server on mail.mozilla.com...done
nnimap read 0k from mail.mozilla.com
Discard changes to this group and exit? (y or n) y

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/loaddefs hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/obsolete/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow mail-hist emacsbug flow-fill bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks sort gnus-cite
smiley shr-color color mule-util shr browse-url mm-archive gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7
bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings cl gv gnutls
network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-base
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils goto-addr add-log
conf-mode sgml-mode dired-aux gud python vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg js json
smerge-mode diff-mode bug-reference copyright cus-edit cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs vc-bzr
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-git flyspell ispell eldoc diminish appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu
projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep compile
dash s minimap autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
status erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache thingatpt pp advice help-fns vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp
comint ansi-color ring server savehist dwarf-mode-autoloads
jabber-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info
easymenu weblogger-autoloads package epg-config bbdb-autoloads time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1316064 17802)
 (symbols 48 122931 0)
 (miscs 40 52288 367)
 (strings 32 312209 81615)
 (string-bytes 1 7291751)
 (vectors 16 93795)
 (vector-slots 8 1737780 22333)
 (floats 8 523 585)
 (intervals 56 68817 1125)
 (buffers 976 476)
 (heap 1024 125396 3081))

Tom