Subject: Re: bug#18649: 25.0.50; Closing TTY menus on MS-Windows

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:32:31 +0200

> There's nothing wrong with TTY menus: ESC ESC ESC still pops the menu
 > down, as does clicking the mouse somewhere outside the menu.

As does F10.

 > The problem is with C-g: it somehow shortcuts too much, and bypasses
 > the code that was supposed to be seen by the menu displaying
 > functions.  For example, try "C-h k C-g": all you will see is "Quit"
 > in the echo area, but no help.

Confirmed.

 > IOW, we throw to top level too early
 > or too radically.

Do you see any way to debug this?

 > I don't see this on GNU/Linux, probably again because the low-level
 > details of keyboard input are different.

Confirmed with all builds I have there.

 > The problem started somewhere between trunk revisions 117575 and
 > 117589.  I have trunk binaries from these two revisions, and the
 > former still works correctly.  Unfortunately, this range of revisions
 > includes the jumbo changeset related to pixel-wise resizing, which at
 > the very least makes it easy to drown in the flood and miss the
 > important parts.
 >
 > If someone has time to bisect more accurately, or debug this, or even
 > give an idea where to look, you are welcome.

 > Update: the problem is definitely caused by r117587; reverting it
 > fixes the problem.  I reviewed the diffs, more than once, and I cannot
 > see what could be the reason.  Martin, your help will be appreciated.

I'm just as lost as you are.  I tried to partially revert changes that
could have affected this on w32 but with no luck.

BTW: Is there a way to turn `blink-cursor-mode' off on a TTY?

martin