Subject: bug#18644: closed (bug#18644: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-lock bug for hash literals)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 03:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18644: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-lock bug for hash literals

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18644: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18644
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#18644: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-lock bug for hash literals
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 05:57:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

And closing.

Subject: 24.4.50; [ruby-mode] Font-lock bug for hash literals
From: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 14:45:52 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following code is not properly font-locked by ruby-mode:

{:a=>2, :b=>2}

Seems that `=` is interpreted as part of the symbol names, although it isn't.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.3.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.4 (Build 13E28))
 of 2014-09-13 on Bozhidars-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs --without-dbus
 --with-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  ruby-tools-mode: t
  inf-ruby-minor-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
o c k SPC b u g SPC i n SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> f o r SPC h a s h SPC l i t e r a l s <return> 
T h e SPC f o l l o w i n g SPC c o d e SPC i s SPC 
n o t SPC p r o p e r l y SPC f o n t e d - l o c <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
- l o c k e d : <return> <return> C-y <return> <return> 
T h e SPC = SPC s i g n SPC i s SPC t r e a t e d SPC 
a s SPC p a r t SPC o f SPC t h e SPC s y m b o l SPC 
n a <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> ' s SPC n a 
m e , SPC b u t SPC i t SPC s h o <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> ' s SPC n o t . C-a C-f C-f 
C-f C-f ` C-f ` C-p C-p C-p C-p C-e C-b SPC i n SPC 
r u b y - m o d e C-n C-n C-c C-c y s m <return> n 
M-< M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-b M-d M-d M-d C-d C-d C-d 
C-d C-d C-d b a t s o v . c o m A-H-s-÷µ¹¶ C-g C-n C-c 
C-c y l o c a l h o s t <return> <return> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 2 5 <return> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x b C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x b 
m e s s C-g <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 
b C-g M-x r e p o s e <backspace> <backspace> r m a 
C-s <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /Users/bozhidar/*message*-20141006-141241
Saving file /Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/init.el [2 times]
Saving file /Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/init.el [2 times]
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done
Saving file /Users/bozhidar/projects/test.rb...
Wrote /Users/bozhidar/projects/test.rb
Quit [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias smtpmail cus-edit cus-start cus-load shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug sendmail ruby-tools inf-ruby ruby-mode-expansions ruby-mode
smie executable markdown-mode misearch multi-isearch network-stream
starttls tls cider tramp-sh cider-mode cider-repl cider-eldoc
cider-interaction apropos arc-mode archive-mode cider-doc org-table
the-org-mode-expansions org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs cider-test cider-stacktrace cider-client
nrepl-client queue cider-util ffap url-parse url-vars mule-util
magit-key-mode magit view epa derived epg epg-config git-rebase-mode
git-commit-mode server log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log vc-git
cl-macs cap-words superword subword clojure-mode-expansions clojure-mode
imenu inf-lisp cl rainbow-delimiters paredit elisp-slime-nav help-mode
elec-pair company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf
company-cmake company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company paren exec-path-from-shell pcase smex flx-ido flx
ido-ubiquitous ido diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode
easy-mmode winner esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util re-builder
whitespace browse-kill-ring midnight ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired-x dired edmacro
kmacro anzu warnings gv projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer pkg-info find-func
lisp-mnt epl grep compile dash s ucs-normalize bookmark pp expand-region
text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt expand-region-core
expand-region-custom flyspell ispell tramp tramp-compat auth-source
eieio eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
format-spec hl-line byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice help-fns
windmove recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib savehist
saveplace diminish autorevert filenotify delsel zenburn-theme info
easymenu package time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 574559 251678)
 (symbols 48 44490 151)
 (miscs 40 1945 3457)
 (strings 32 101806 165383)
 (string-bytes 1 2945334)
 (vectors 16 92618)
 (vector-slots 8 2604559 113663)
 (floats 8 8543 1592)
 (intervals 56 6462 763)
 (buffers 976 38))