Subject: bug#18643: 25.0.50; elisp--expect-function-p

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:46:41 +0800

On 2022-04-26 15:44 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
> at the time.)
>
> Skimming this bug report, it's not exactly clear what it's all about,
> but perhaps things have changed since this was reported seven years ago.
> That is, if you have
>
> (defun lalabar ())
> (defvar lalavar nil)
>
> (let ((lala| ))
>
> and hit `C-M-i', it'll expand to lalavar, and not lalabar.
>
> But perhaps you had something other in mind?  Or does this work as you
> wanted it to in recent Emacs versions?

It's probably too late since this is like a long time ago. I remember
there were some changes to elisp that caused completion to fail in some
places. It was counter-productive for those who are used to the old way.
For example, (pcase x ((pred |) )).

Leo