Subject: bug#18643: 25.0.50; elisp--expect-function-p

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:36:25 +0800

On 2014-10-16 06:35 +0400, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> Still, the text written in a way I described may be not Lisp code, but
> it's unlikely to be prose (unless it's a way of displaying a block
> quote?), so this kind of heuristic can be useful anyway.

In the past 1-2 months I happen to write an elisp tool from scratch,
which has the following stats:

  component 1:
     file1: 2744        lines
     file2: 275         lines

  component 2:
     file1: 3194        lines

with component 2 v0.7.2 released on 08 Oct 2014. The packages are
developed using emacs trunk and happened to have some parts developed
before the change and others after the change. When I told you I tried
to live with it, I did try very hard.

Speaking from experience, the recent change to elisp-completion-at-point
has gotten in the way more than just once. It is painfully difficult to
see how this is an improvement to the default features.

(BTW, I hope to submit the packages for inclusion in emacs sometime
later)

Leo