Subject: bug#18637: bug#18657: 24.4.50; positioning frames on multi-monitor displays

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 00:00:15 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Based on that, I've sent him an updated version of `maximize-frame'
> (from `frame-cmds.el'), which differs only in not using (0,0) as the
> position coordinates systematically.  Instead, it uses this:
>
> (nth 1 (assq 'workarea (frame-monitor-attributes frame))) ; For left
> (nth 2 (assq 'workarea (frame-monitor-attributes frame))) ; For right
>
> Andy, perhaps you could try that?

There doesn't really seem to be anything actionable in this bug report,
and not a lot in the parent report #18637, either.

I think for any progress to be made here, a report describing what
problem's you're seeing (if any, these days), and what you think should
be done about it should be filed.  But I'm closing this report and #18637.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no