Subject: bug#18637: 24.4.50; doc of frame parameter DISPLAY vs actual value on MS Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 22:44:11 +0300

> Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 22:30:22 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:23:34 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > In (elisp) `Basic Parameters' I see this description of frame parameter
> > `display':
> > 
> >   The display on which to open this frame.  It should be a string of
> >   the form `"HOST:DPY.SCREEN"', just like the `DISPLAY' environment
> >   variable.

Btw, this is not the best place in the manual to read about this.  A
better one is "Multiple Terminals", where it says explicitly that this
is only relevant on X.  The index entry "displays, multiple" leads to
that node.