Subject: bug#18629: 25.0.50; Yanking text on a MS-Windows console

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 09:54:42 +0200

> So, to get started, can you `trace-function' on gui-select-text,
> gui-selection-value and then reproduce the above (and show me the
> resulting trace)?

gui-selection-value seems to be undefined at that point, therefore I
cannot "trace-function" on it.

This is the resulting trace for gui-select-text:

<trace>
1 -> (gui-select-text #(";; This buffer is for notes you don't want to
save, and for Lisp evaluation.
;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
;; then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

" 0 3 (fontified t face font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 3 77
(fontified t face font-lock-comment-face) 77 80 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 80 140 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-face) 140 143 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 143 190 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-face) 190 191 (fontified t)))
1 <- gui-select-text: #(";; This buffer is for notes you don't want to
save, and for Lisp evaluation.
;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
;; then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

" 0 3 (fontified t face font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 3 77
(fontified t face font-lock-comment-face) 77 80 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 80 140 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-face) 140 143 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 143 190 (fontified t face
font-lock-comment-face) 190 191 (fontified t))
</trace>

> One more thing: if you don't do the C-w, what is the expected behavior?
> IOW did the w32 console use the w32 clipboard?

The expected behavior for that, I think, is the one I observe right
now: C-y brings to the buffer the current contents of the system
clipboard.

-- 
Dani Moncayo