Subject: bug#18617: 24.3; loading simple-wiki-mode breaks org-mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:27:55 -0400

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

To re-trigger:
- Install simple-wiki-mode
- run emacs
- switch to *scratch*
- load org-mode
- make two todos one with subtree:
* TODO test 1
  - test 2
* TODO test 3
- check pressing tab on First todo hide and show the subtree
- open a new file: test.txt
- M-x simple-wiki-mode (on test.txt)
- switch back to *scratch* (which is still in org-mode)
- Observe that subtree function is broken.
- Press tab on TODO test 1 will hide * TODO test 3 and never shows it
again.

Thanks,
humble emacs user

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2014-06-11 on var-lib-archbuild-staging-x86_64-jgc
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<f9> <f9> <f9> C-x C-f t e s t . <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g M-x o r g - m o d e <return> * SPC T O D O S-SPC 
t e s t 1 <return> <tab> - SPC t e s t SPC 2 <return> 
* S-SPC T O D O S-SPC t e s t SPC 3 <tab> C-p C-p C-p 
C-a C-n <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> C-n C-n C-p C-p 
C-x C-s C-g C-n C-n C-x o C-x C-f t e s t . t x t <return> 
M-x s i m p l e - w i k i - m o d e <return> <f9> <f9> 
C-p C-p <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> C-x b C-g M-x 
r e p o r t - e m a c s <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
FOLDED
CHILDREN
SUBTREE
FOLDED
CHILDREN
Quit
(New file)
FOLDED [5 times]
Quit
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-crypt hides ~/.emacs.d/org-crypt
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ox-html hides ~/.emacs.d/ox-html
~/.emacs.d/go-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/go-mode
~/.emacs.d/go-mode-load hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/go-mode-load
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-ucs hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ucs
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-symbol hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-symbol
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-search hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-search
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-tabmenu hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-tabmenu
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-fb hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-fb
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-util hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-util
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-bookmark hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bookmark
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-favicon hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-favicon
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-ems hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ems
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-weather hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-weather
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-filter hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-filter
~/.emacs.d/w3m/bookmark-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/bookmark-w3m
~/.emacs.d/w3m/mew-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mew-w3m
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-lnum hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-lnum
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-hist hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-hist
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-mail hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-mail
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-bug hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bug
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-form hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-form
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-cookie hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-cookie
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-rss hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-rss
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-ccl hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ccl
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-antenna hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-antenna
~/.emacs.d/w3m/mime-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mime-w3m
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-image hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-image
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-dtree hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-dtree
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-proc hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-proc
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-perldoc hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-perldoc
~/.emacs.d/w3m/octet hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/octet
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-namazu hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-namazu
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-load hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-load
~/.emacs.d/w3m/w3m-session hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-session
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-info
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/vmon/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140915/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-install
~/.emacs.d/browse-url hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/browse-url
/home/vmon/sage/data/emacs/.dir-locals hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail goto-addr org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-info org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb oauth2-autoloads org-blog-autoloads org2blog-autoloads
metaweblog-autoloads org-autoloads info python-mode-autoloads
realgud-autoloads loc-changes-autoloads list-utils-autoloads
load-relative-autoloads test-simple-autoloads xml-rpc-autoloads
simple-wiki python-mode imenu flymake cc-cmds cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
gnuplot-mode verbiste undo-tree diff org-redmine anything ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
pdftools stock-quote package syed-erc erc-services erc-networks
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp chess chess-engine
chess-display chess-random chess-input chess-var chess-module chess-game
chess-pgn chess-file chess-database chess-ply chess-algebraic chess-pos
chess-fen chess-message google-contacts-gnus google-contacts-message
google-contacts oauth2 json plstore url-cache google-oauth assoc
bystar-bidi-menu g g-cus-load recentf-buffer autosmiley smiley gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils .jabberrc jabber-autoloads
twittering-mode epa epg epg-config tls url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap xml org-clock org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-install org-timer org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat
org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
sunrise-x-loop sunrise-commander warnings tramp tramp-compat auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete format-spec recentf
tree-widget esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-util esh-module esh-mode dired-aux desktop
sort hl-line find-dired enriched dired-x dired auto-complete-config
auto-complete popup ibuffer sage-view sage-mode advice help-fns
advice-preload apropos find-func compile sage-compat python comint
ansi-color sage rx help-mode w3m-load browse-url term disp-table ehelp
electric ring thingatpt nero derived magma-mode edit-server easy-mmode
edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv color-theme easymenu wid-edit cl cl-lib server
saveplace time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)