Subject: bug#18594: 24.4.50; error when visiting org file

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 11:07:37 +0100

I get this error when visiting an Org file:

File mode specification error: (error "`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.")

It comes from `org-overview'.

My recipe is:

emacs -nw -Q
C-x C-f /tmp/something.org

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.10 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-09-26 on bapiya
Repository revision: 117953 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-status-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-f M-f M-f M-w C-u C-n C-n C-p C-y SPC = SPC d o c 
- > g e t i n n M-/ M-/ ( ) ; C-c c <return> y C-x 
o C-x 1 M-> C-c C-SPC C-c C-SPC C-c C-SPC C-c C-SPC 
C-z n C-x 4 b * s h <tab> <return> C-x 1 k i l l <return> 
q <return> y <return> q <return> M-r - - d C-a <return> 
<help-echo> r <help-echo> u <help-echo> n <return> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-z n C-z n q <return> 
M-< C-u C-SPC C-x b n s D o <tab> c <tab> S <tab> . 
<tab> c <tab> <return> C-a C-u C-p C-p C-k C-k C-k 
C-k C-k C-p C-p C-n C-k C-n C-o <tab> i f SPC ( d o 
c ) SPC { C-n TAB C-e <return> i f SPC ( w i n ) SPC 
{ C-f C-k TAB C-n TAB C-/ C-f TAB C-n TAB C-n TAB C-n 
TAB C-/ M-m SPC SPC SPC SPC C-a C-n C-o } <return> 
} C-n C-n C-n C-M-b C-M-f C-a C-u C-u C-p C-p C-p C-SPC 
C-p C-SPC C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-p M-w C-u C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-l C-y C-l C-o C-o C-s c a u s e C-a C-u C-u C-p 
C-u C-p C-n C-n M-b M-f , <return> a c M-/ C-a C-u 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-SPC C-c C-n C-w C-x C-s C-z n g M-> 
C-z n C-c r n SPC E E C-z n C-x b E M <tab> <return> 
C-a C-p C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-w C-x C-s C-z n C-x C-g 
q C-x b m o z <tab> i l <tab> <return> C-x C-v <return> 
M-x r e p o t - <backspace> <backspace> r t - e <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Opening nnimap server on mail.tromey.com...done
nnimap read 0k from mail.tromey.com
Mark set
Saving file /home/tromey/EMACS...
Wrote /home/tromey/EMACS
C-x C-g is undefined
Expiring articles...done
Making completion list...
File mode specification error: (error "`recenter'ing a window that does not display current-buffer.")
Compilation finished

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(eww idutils derived erc-spelling erc-truncate macros bbdb-sc supercite
regi nnir iso-transl webjump nnregistry url-http url-gw url-auth
url-queue find-file ido gdb-shell shell ffap xterm whitespace log-view
gnus-fun flow-fill shr-color color gnus-html xml url-cache mm-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars shr browse-url mailalias shadow
mail-hist emacsbug bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks mule-util sort smiley gnus-cite
mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com
warnings cl gnutls network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry
registry eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe log-edit message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
copyright dabbrev misearch multi-isearch help-mode debug cl-macs gv
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs goto-addr add-log gud conf-mode sgml-mode python dired-aux
dired jka-compr smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg
bug-reference js json cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds vc-bzr
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-git flyspell ispell eldoc diminish appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu
projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep compile
dash s minimap autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
status erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache thingatpt pp advice help-fns vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp
comint ansi-color ring server savehist dwarf-mode-autoloads
jabber-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info
easymenu weblogger-autoloads package bbdb-autoloads time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1863293 186118)
 (symbols 48 126104 56)
 (miscs 40 43124 10697)
 (strings 32 512985 64359)
 (string-bytes 1 15822432)
 (vectors 16 109763)
 (vector-slots 8 2518376 195968)
 (floats 8 790 942)
 (intervals 56 165837 3898)
 (buffers 976 392)
 (heap 1024 300876 32073))

Tom