Subject: bug#18588: closed (fixed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 00:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#18588: 24.4.50; bug-reference-bug-regexp misses a useful bug id

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
18588: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18588
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: fixed
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:04:42 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is fixed on the emacs-25 branch.

Tom

Subject: 24.4.50; bug-reference-bug-regexp misses a useful bug id
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:25:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It's reasonably common to see references to bugs like
"bug 7222".  However, the default value for bug-reference-bug-regexp
does not match this text.

A simple fix is to change the default regexp to

"\\([Bb]ug ?#?\\|[Pp]atch ?#\\|RFE ?#\\|PR [a-z-+]+/\\)\\([0-9]+\\(?:#[0-9]+\\)?\\)"

This just adds a "?" after the "#" so that both "bug #7222" and
"bug 7222" would match.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.10 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-09-26 on bapiya
Repository revision: 117953 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill

Recent input:
e C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-r C-r <help-echo> C-s C-s C-a C-u C-u C-n C-n C-n 
C-s C-s C-s C-a C-n C-n C-n TAB C-/ C-p TAB C-/ C-p 
TAB M-< C-u C-SPC C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a C-s C-g C-u 
C-u C-n C-u C-n C-p C-p TAB C-/ C-v C-u C-n C-u C-n 
C-n TAB C-/ M-< C-x C-g C-u C-SPC C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-u C-u C-n C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u 
C-n C-n TAB C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v M-v M-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-l C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-l C-n C-n C-f M-} M-} 
M-} M-} C-f C-v C-l C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-a C-s b C-w C-r C-r C-a C-x s C-x b C-g C-r 
b u g SPC C-g C-z n C-x C-f . d i r <tab> <M-backspace> 
<backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> . d i r <tab> 
<return> C-n C-n C-M-f C-M-b C-z n C-h C-g C-x b * 
s c r <tab> <return> C-u C-p C-p C-p C-o C-o b u g 
- r e f ESC TAB b u g ESC TAB C-j C-p C-p C-p ( s t 
r i n g = <backspace> - m a t c h SPC C-b SPC C-e SPC 
" b u g SPC 1 1 1 1 ) C-j C-] C-p C-e C-b " C-e C-j 
C-z n C-z n M-x r e p r t <backspace> o r <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
C-x C-g is undefined
syntax: ((statement 118317)), indent: 2
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
(No files need saving)
Quit [2 times]
C-h C-g is undefined
Entering debugger...
Quit
Scanning for dabbrevs...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(ido gdb-shell shell ffap xterm whitespace log-view gnus-fun flow-fill
shr-color color gnus-html xml url-cache mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars shr browse-url mailalias shadow mail-hist emacsbug
bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks mule-util sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh
nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings cl
gnutls network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry
eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
copyright dabbrev misearch multi-isearch help-mode debug cl-macs gv
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs goto-addr add-log gud conf-mode sgml-mode python dired-aux
dired jka-compr smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg
bug-reference js json cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds vc-bzr
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-git flyspell ispell eldoc diminish appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu
projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep compile
dash s minimap autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
status erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache thingatpt pp advice help-fns vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp
comint ansi-color ring server savehist dwarf-mode-autoloads
jabber-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info
easymenu weblogger-autoloads package bbdb-autoloads time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1475667 185010)
 (symbols 48 112855 1)
 (miscs 40 40737 3141)
 (strings 32 337116 86840)
 (string-bytes 1 9521959)
 (vectors 16 98212)
 (vector-slots 8 2122278 178344)
 (floats 8 563 597)
 (intervals 56 315798 802)
 (buffers 976 295)
 (heap 1024 267824 51321))

Tom