Subject: bug#18586: 24.4.50; "Not an in-range integer, float, or cons of integers" from x-focus-frame

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:03:09 -0700

Thanks for the bug report.  I'm not observing the problem on my platform with a 
similar configuration (Emacs trunk bzr 117978, Fedora 20 x86-64, gcc 4.9.1, 
detailed configuration below).  I ran 'emacs -Q' and then typed "(x-focus-frame 
(selected-frame)) C-j"; the result was nil.

Can you put a breakpoint on cons_to_unsigned's call to 'error', and similarly on 
cons_to_signed's call to 'error', and get a backtrace at that point?

Here's my configuration, which I tried to make as close to yours as I easily could:

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
  of 2014-09-29 on penguin.cs.ucla.edu
Repository revision: 116308 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
  `configure --with-xml2 --without-sound --without-rsvg
  --without-imagemagick --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-xaw3d
  --without-gsettings --without-xft --without-m17n-flt --without-libotf'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG GPM DBUS GCONF NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS
LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> ( <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> C-a
C-d C-d C-d C-e C-j <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <escape> x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u
g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 76363 5743)
  (symbols 48 17876 0)
  (miscs 40 45 127)
  (strings 32 11790 4268)
  (string-bytes 1 309976)
  (vectors 16 9312)
  (vector-slots 8 384075 16693)
  (floats 8 70 92)
  (intervals 56 234 0)
  (buffers 976 11)
  (heap 1024 39578 935))