Subject: Fwd: Re: 24.4.50; "Not an in-range integer, float, or cons of integers" from x-focus-frame

From: Rupert Swarbrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 12:28:19 +0100

Drat, I obviously hit "reply" rather than "reply all" when sending the message 
below.

Rupert

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: 24.4.50; "Not an in-range integer, float, or cons of integers" 
from x-focus-frame
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:43:18 +0100
From: Rupert Swarbrick <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>

On 30/09/2014 05:03, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Thanks for the bug report.  I'm not observing the problem on my platform with a
> similar configuration (Emacs trunk bzr 117978, Fedora 20 x86-64, gcc 4.9.1,
> detailed configuration below).  I ran 'emacs -Q' and then typed "(x-focus-frame
> (selected-frame)) C-j"; the result was nil.
>
> Can you put a breakpoint on cons_to_unsigned's call to 'error', and similarly
> on cons_to_signed's call to 'error', and get a backtrace at that point?

Yep. I'm attaching a GDB session to this message (if debbugs eats it, I'll send
a followup post with the text inline).

The x_fill_property_data function calls cons_to_signed, with an argument of
0x385f739b4 (note 9 hex digits). Treating it as a 64 bit signed integer, this
is larger than X_LONG_MAX (0x7fffffff on my system).

Rupert