Subject: bug#18586: 24.4.50; "Not an in-range integer, float, or cons of integers" from x-focus-frame

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:58:21 +0800

> My GDB-fu failed me when trying to move further up the call stack, but
> I think the number "o" that's triggering the assertion comes from
> dpyinfo->last_user_time in x_ewmh_activate_frame on line 9669 of
> xterm.c. I don't know what last_user_time comes from, but on this
> server:

> ~> uptime
>  09:57:15 up 192 days, 22:17, 47 users,  load average: 32.29, 32.12, 31.64

> Maybe the corresponding number is smaller after reboot? The only other
> server I have to hand has been up for 21 days and I still see the
> error. Not sure whether that's a counter-example or whether 21 days is
> still a long time...

Sounds familiar to me. I also gdb'd before giveup. My server was up for
80 days. x_fill_property_data was passed some data it didn't expect.

Maybe it would be easier if you can provide Paul access (if possible) to
a server where the problem can be reproduced.

Thanks,
Leo