Subject: unbalanced parentheses

From: lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:34:44 +0200

Hi,

I was writing a follow-up to [1] and got the following in the debugger
(null-characters replaced with '.'):

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (scan-error "Unbalanced parentheses" 204 275)
  signal(scan-error ("Unbalanced parentheses" 204 275))
  byte-code("\204.	\203.\304\n@\nA\"\210\202.\305\306\307\310\311#\"\210\304\207" [debug-on-quit debug-on-error err orig-text signal error "Invalid data for rfc2047 encoding: %s" mm-replace-in-string "[ 	\n]+" " "] 6)
  rfc2047-encode-region(176 275)
  mail-encode-encoded-word-buffer()
  message-send-mail(nil)
  message-send-via-mail(nil)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
  funcall-interactively(message-send-and-exit nil)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit nil nil)
  command-execute(message-send-and-exit)

This seems to be caused by a header inserted by gnus:

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> ("Philippe "Clérié\"'s" message of "Fri,
	26 Sep 2014 19:43:52 -0400")

After removing this header, I was able to send the follow-up.  This
looks like an unbalanced double-quote (")?

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.4.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-08-17 on yun.yagibdah.de

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2014/09/msg02033.html

Full headers of this message:

Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 01:44:31 +0200
Old-Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 19:43:52 -0400
From: Philippe Clérié <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: how to force chronyd to be online after booting
Resent-Message-ID: <jhsgcz3214C.A.GND.MpfJUB@bendel>
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Resent-Sender: [email-masked]
Resent-Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:44:12 +0000 (UTC)

-- 
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.