Subject: Re: bug#18566: 24.3.93 Unable to use a command such as dired which involves forking a process

From: Jim Hurt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:12:32 -0500

On 9/26/2014 2:52 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 9/26/2014 1:50 PM, Jim Hurt wrote:
>>
>> Starting today (2014/09/26) when I issue a command that needs to fork a
>> process such as dired I get the message in the terminal window:
>>        0 [main] emacs-w32 816 child_info_fork::abort:
>> C:\cygwin\bin\cygharfbuzz-0.dll: Loaded to different address:
>> parent(0x340000) != child(0xF80000)
>
> This usually means you need to run rebaseall.  See
>
>   https://www.cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures
>
>> I am running Windows 8.1 using cygwin and
>> GNU Emacs 24.3.93.1 (i686-pc-cygwin) of 2014-08-15 on fiona
>
> Ken
>
>
When I do this, I get:

$ /bin/rebaseall
/usr/lib/perl5/5.14/i686-cygwin-threads-64int/CORE/cygperl5_14_2.dll: 
skipped because nonexistent.
/usr/x86_64-pc-cygwin/sys-root/usr/bin/cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll: skipped 
because wrong machine type.
/usr/x86_64-pc-cygwin/sys-root/usr/bin/cygssh2-1.dll: skipped because 
wrong machine type.
/usr/x86_64-pc-cygwin/sys-root/usr/bin/cygssl-1.0.0.dll: skipped because 
wrong machine type.
/usr/x86_64-pc-cygwin/sys-root/usr/bin/cygz.dll: skipped because wrong 
machine type.
$

and my emacs behavior is even worse.

-- 
Jim Hurt's Enventive Signature File

   Jim Hurt
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

	Enventive Engineering <http://www.enventive.com/>
   861 George Hill Road
   P.O. Box 209
   South Lancaster, MA 01561

   Phone: (978) 365-7458
   Fax: (978) 365-2876
   General information: [email-masked] 	
This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient 
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not 
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of 
the information included in this message and any attachments is 
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please 
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this 
message and any attachments. Thank you.