Subject: bug#18563: 24.3.93; Sound support on W32 Emacs

From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:50:44 +0200

Hello,

When using the Tomatinho package, I had no sound after 25 minutes, as
expected.

Trying to launch the sound file myself, I got:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "This Emacs binary lacks sound support")
  signal(error ("This Emacs binary lacks sound support"))
  error("This Emacs binary lacks sound support")
  play-sound((sound :file "tick.wav"))
  play-sound-file("tick.wav")
  eval((play-sound-file "tick.wav") nil)
  eval-expression((play-sound-file "tick.wav") nil)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Is this a limitation of Emacs on Windows, or a limitation in this binary?

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban