Subject: Re: bug#18556: 24.4.50; update-file-autoloads never ends

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 19:24:42 +0300

> From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]> 
> Cc: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]> ,
>     [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:56:38 +0200
> 
> It is fully possible that balance.el requires some package not in the
> emacs trunk as I have this in my ~/.emacs.d/init.el
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>   ;; remove CEDET/EIEIO/SPEEDBAR that are distributed with EMACS from the load
>   ;; path, and replace them with those of CEDET distribution
> (load "~/.emacs.d/etc/load-path-to-cedet-svn.el")
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> This is because I develop jpicedt with jdee, and at some point of time
> the eieio of Emacs was too old compared to what jdee expected. Anyhow,
> In don't think that this is the problem because I can reproduce the
> hanging with -Q command line option.

How is -Q relevant to package shadowing?  If you have a different
eieio installed that shadows the stock one, Emacs will load it even
with -Q.

> Attached is the gdb session log that Paul desired.

Thanks.  Please use the procedure described in etc/DEBUG under "If the
symptom of the bug is that Emacs fails to respond" to find out whether
Emacs is inflooping, and if so, where.