Subject: Re: bug#18552: Possible bug building emacs trunk with Fedora 19-x86_64

From: George R Goffe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:24:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
Here are two logs for building emacs on my fc20 system. One with libjpeg and one with the "--with-jpeg=no" flag. There are some other warnings that might be of interest in these logs.

Here's what I have for libjpeg on this system:
libjpeg-turbo-1.3.1-2.fc20.x86_64
libjpeg-turbo-devel-1.3.1-2.fc20.x86_64
libjpeg-turbo-utils-1.3.1-2.fc20.x86_64
mingw64-libjpeg-turbo-1.3.1-1.fc20.noarch

My input to configure is in the log files.
Regards and again, thanks, for your time and help with this issue.

      From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
 To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> 
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
 Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:25 AM
 Subject: Re: bug#18552: Possible bug building emacs trunk with Fedora 19-x86_64
   
> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:13:08 -0400
> 
> 
> So was any conclusion reached here?

I tend to think the OP's system is misconfigured.  32-bit vs 64-bit
messup is one possibility.

Another way to continue investigating this is for the OP to try
compiling a short test program that includes the JPEG header, and see
if it compiles, and if not, what warning/error messages appear.  The
log the OP sent says just

  configure:12340: WARNING: libjpeg found, but not version 6b or later

which isn't very informative.