Subject: bug#18552: Possible bug building emacs trunk with Fedora 19-x86_64

From: George R Goffe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:03:14 -0700

Dmitry,

I couldn't resist trying.

on the fc19 AND the fc20 system I ran ./configure... and got: 
configure: error: The following required libraries were not found:
     libjpeg
Maybe some development libraries/packages are missing?
If you don't want to link with them give
     --with-jpeg=no

On the fc20 system I got 62 as the version string for /usr/include/jconfig.h

George...

----- Original Message -----
From: Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]>
To: George R Goffe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:24 AM
Subject: Re: bug#18552: Possible bug building emacs trunk with Fedora 19-x86_64

On 09/25/2014 01:42 AM, George R Goffe wrote:

> input to configure:
>
>      156  ./configure --prefix=/usr/lsd/$osname --verbose        \
>      157              --x-includes=/usr/include                  \
>      158              --x-libraries=/usr/lib                     \
                                       ^^^^^^^^
This is wrong because 64-bit libraries should be installed under
/usr/lib64 and /lib64 on your system.

>      159              --enable-asserts                           \
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is no such option, use --enable-checking instead.

>      160              --enable-autodepend                        \
>      161              --enable-dependency-tracking               \
>      162              --with-x-toolkit=gtk3                      \
>      163              --with-wide-int                            \
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This makes no sense on a 64-bit system if you're building 64-bit
executable (which is by default).

Try to run ./configure without extra arguments and compare results.

Dmitry