Subject: bug#18552: Possible bug building emacs trunk with Fedora 19-x86_64

From: Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:24:07 +0400

On 09/25/2014 01:42 AM, George R Goffe wrote:

> input to configure:
>
>      156  ./configure --prefix=/usr/lsd/$osname --verbose        \
>      157              --x-includes=/usr/include                  \
>      158              --x-libraries=/usr/lib                     \
                                       ^^^^^^^^
This is wrong because 64-bit libraries should be installed under
/usr/lib64 and /lib64 on your system.

>      159              --enable-asserts                           \
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is no such option, use --enable-checking instead.

>      160              --enable-autodepend                        \
>      161              --enable-dependency-tracking               \
>      162              --with-x-toolkit=gtk3                      \
>      163              --with-wide-int                            \
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This makes no sense on a 64-bit system if you're building 64-bit
executable (which is by default).

Try to run ./configure without extra arguments and compare results.

Dmitry