Subject: 24.4.50; gnus registry file seems misnamed

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:26:23 -0600

I noticed that the Gnus registry makes a file called
".gnus.registry.eioio".

Considering that it holds EIEIO objects, it seems to me that the file is
misnamed.  Rather than ".eioio" it should be ".eieio".

Not sure if this is worth fixing but I thought I'd point it out.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-09-21 on bapiya
Repository revision: 117912 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
d d d d C-u d d d C-u d d d d d d d C-l C-u d d C-u 
d d d d d d d d C-u C-p C-n M S-SPC M S-SPC M S-SPC 
C-l C-n C-u d SPC P q q y y q C-z n <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-c r C-n C-n C-n M-g 
M-g p p SPC E q = SPC E S-SPC E S-SPC E S-SPC C-u <return> 
<return> E S-SPC E C-u <return> C-x o C-x o C-x o E 
C-p C-p SPC N C-x o C-x 1 C-v q C-p C-p p M-g M-g C-u 
C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-n C-l C-u C-n C-u C-n C-l 
p SPC c SPC C-u C-n p p p M-g M-g M-g M-g C-u C-p SPC 
<return> SPC SPC C-f C-f n n n SPC n SPC = C-u d d 
d d d q M-g M-g p SPC SPC n q C-u C-n n M-g p p M-g 
M-g M-g M-g M-g M-g M-g M-g M-g M-g C-u C-p C-u C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p SPC 1 8 <return> d SPC = C-n d d d 
d d d d d C-n C-n C-n C-n SPC n n n SPC q s y <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> C-c C-g g C-l p SPC c SPC C-u C-n n 
n M-g M-g M-g n SPC c SPC SPC c SPC SPC d q M-< C-u 
C-n n SPC E q SPC q p p M-g M-g q y C-c b C-z n C-x 
C-f ~ / . g n <tab> u s <tab> <tab> e i <tab> <return> 
C-s e i e i o C-a C-v C-v C-v C-v M-> M-< C-z n M-x 
s <backspace> r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Saving Gnus registry (1037 entries) to ~/.gnus.registry.eioio...
Saving Gnus registry (size 1037) to ~/.gnus.registry.eioio...done
Saving file /home/tromey/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/tromey/.newsrc
Saving /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld...done
Making completion list... [2 times]
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(log-edit dabbrev copyright debug cl-macs log-view pcvs-util gnus-fun
shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe webjump
misearch multi-isearch mailalias bbdb-sc supercite regi mail-hist nnir
shr-color color shr flow-fill mm-archive gnus-html browse-url xml
url-cache mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars bbdb-gui
bbdb-hooks mule-util sort smiley gnus-cite gnus-bcklg help-mode qp
gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7
bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings cl gv gnutls
network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-base
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader smerge-mode
diff-mode autoconf autoconf-mode tcl goto-addr add-log make-mode js
bug-reference vc-arch vc-mtn sgml-mode vc-hg python json org-element
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs dired vc-git vc-bzr
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds flyspell ispell eldoc
diminish projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep
compile dash s appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs which-func imenu minimap autorevert filenotify desktop
frameset cus-start cus-load status erc-services erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp advice help-fns
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server savehist
dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads jabber-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info easymenu
weblogger-autoloads package bbdb-autoloads time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 865862 144014)
 (symbols 48 104779 308)
 (miscs 40 41704 2980)
 (strings 32 322213 49942)
 (string-bytes 1 8295546)
 (vectors 16 96495)
 (vector-slots 8 2183870 46722)
 (floats 8 551 945)
 (intervals 56 28089 1137)
 (buffers 976 294)
 (heap 1024 261224 44665))

Tom