Subject: Re: bug#18522: 24.4.50; mapcar is very slow

From: Peter Münster <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 09:07:08 +0100

On Sun, Feb 28 2016, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Try evaling the following and post the list appearing in *Messages*:
>
> (mapatoms
>  (lambda (symbol)
>    (when (boundp symbol)
>      (let ((value (symbol-value symbol)))
>        (while (consp value)
> 	 (let ((elem (car value)))
> 	   (when (bufferp elem)
> 	     (message "%s has a buffer %s"
> 		      symbol (buffer-name elem))))
> 	 (setq value (cdr value))))))
>  obarray)

multi-web-global-mode-buffers has a buffer  *Minibuf-1*
rfn-eshadow-frobbed-minibufs has a buffer  *Minibuf-1*
gnus-buffers has a buffer *Article nndraft:drafts*
gnus-buffers has a buffer  *Original Article nndraft:drafts*
gnus-buffers has a buffer *Summary nndraft:drafts*
gnus-buffers has a buffer nil
gnus-buffers has a buffer *unsent wide reply to Lars Ingebrigtsen*
gnus-buffers has a buffer  *gnus article copy*
gnus-buffers has a buffer  *nnmail message-id cache*
gnus-buffers has a buffer  *Gnus Backlog*
gnus-buffers has a buffer  *gnus work*
gnus-buffers has a buffer  *Gnus agent overview*
gnus-buffers has a buffer *Group*

And then I have to stop it with C-g because it hangs...

I had to restart emacs this morning, there are no more *Help* and
*Completions* buffers in the killed list. But there is "gnus-util.el".
 
-- 
           Peter