Subject: Re: bug#18522: 24.4.50; mapcar is very slow

From: Peter Münster <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:05:12 +0100

On Thu, Feb 25 2016, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Can you describe in more detail how you kill buffers?

In summary buffers, I press "q" (gnus-summary-exit).
In other buffers, I press M-k (bound to kill-this-buffer).

> Or maybe try running for a few days without killing buffers, except
> manually when you are done with visiting some file, and see what winds
> up in the list of killed buffers?)

Ok.

> *Completions*, *Help*, and *Backtrace* -- simply don't kill them, it's
> useless.  They will pop up again soon enough.

I know, but the habit to kill useless buffers is in my fingers already
for a long time...

> In any case, the other 2 measures should fix the original problem.

If the case really doesn't matter in a time-string, then of course just
down-case the string and then parse it.

But I think, that we have found another issue (just a very tiny one):
the number of killed buffers, that are not GCed, keeps growing.

-- 
           Peter