Subject: bug#18522: 24.4.50; mapcar is very slow

From: Peter Münster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 19:10:58 +0100

On Thu, Feb 25 2016, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>  . gnus-buffers references killed buffers because Peter kills buffers
>    behind Gnus back, instead of letting them be killed through
>    gnus-kill-buffer, which would have removed them from gnus-buffers

This point is perhaps not 100% accurate. After 6h running, here some
more details about the situation:

- length of all_buffers:         74
- length of buffer-list:         45
- length of killed-buffer-names: 28
- length of gnus-buffers:        17

Content of killed-buffer-names:

Name                                            Details
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
" *mm*"                                         ???
" *mm*-292588"                                  ???
" *mm*-331546"                                  ???
" *mm*-391449"                                  ???
" *mm*-531130"                                  ???
" *mm*-59524"                                   ???
" *mm*-705438"                                  ???
" *mm*-971636"                                  ???
" *nnmail message-id cache*"                    ???
" *nnml overview inbox*"                        ???
" *server news.gmane.org nntp  *nntpd**"        ???
" *server news.gmane.org nntp  *nntpd**"        ???
" *server news.povray.org nntp  *nntpd**"       ???
" *server news.povray.org nntp  *nntpd**"       ???
"*Backtrace*"                                   killed by me with kill-buffer
"*Completions*"                                 killed by me with kill-buffer
"*Completions*"                                 killed by me with kill-buffer
"*Help*"                                        killed by me with kill-buffer
"*Summary nndraft:drafts*"                      killed by gnus-summary-exit
"*Summary nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.comp.
                     embedded.openwrt.user*"    killed by gnus-summary-exit
"*sent mail to SAV*"                            killed by me with kill-buffer
"*sent mail to XXX*"                            killed by me with kill-buffer
"*sent mail to YYY*"                            killed by me with kill-buffer
"*unsent wide reply to Eli Zaretskii*"          killed by me with kill-buffer
"*unsent wide reply to SAV*"                    killed by me with kill-buffer
"*unsent wide reply to ZZZ*"                    killed by me with kill-buffer
"gnus-util.el"                                  killed by me with kill-buffer
"jl-encrypt.el"                                 killed by me with kill-buffer

There are 6 "#<killed buffer>" in gnus-buffers. That means, that I
should have killed the 6 buffers "*sent ..." and "*unsent ..." with
gnus-kill-buffer. I'll do that in the future. But what about the other buffers?

-- 
           Peter