Subject: bug#18516: Acknowledgement (24.4.50; EMACS crashes when I try to open Elisp manual)

From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 23:13:33 +0200

Dear Eli et alii,

Sorry for my previous email, actually I had done a mistake when trying
to launch from gdb as I had provided to `run' the slash the absence of
which is needed for crashing, that is why there was no crash with gdb!
Sorry for loosing your precious time... :-/

So, actually, I *can* make it crash under gdb.

The problem is that there is not much information provided by gdb --- no
more information than if there is no crash --- if I type:

(gdb) bt full

I get:

(gdb) No stack.

whether it is before run, after it (crash done), or before or after
clicking on the "Ne pas envoyer" (=Don't send) button of the MSW crash
popup windown.

and `bt full' does not seem to have any other effect.

and if I type

(gdb) xbacktrace

Then I get:

(gdb) Undefined command: "xbacktrace".  Try "help".

I have gdb 7.4 (maybe there are more recent ones for MSWindows XP)

What I see when the crash occurs is the usual MSWindows crash popup that
propose you to send a file that contains a dump of your memory ---
possibly containing confidential data from other applications, this is
why I never accept to do such a thing and use as much as possible free
S/W.

  Vincent.

PS: attached is a screenshot of after the crash (I only moved the
3 windows (1= gdb in console, 2=Emacs, 3=MSW crash popup) for all of
them to be visible.