Subject: Incomplete type pollfd

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:16:15 +0200

Hello,

guile-2.0.11 fails to build on Redhat 6.5 with the following error message:

  CC       libguile_2.0_la-fports.lo
fports.c: In function 'fport_input_waiting':
fports.c:612: error: variable 'pollfd' has initializer but incomplete type
fports.c:612: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
fports.c:612: warning: (near initialization for 'pollfd')
fports.c:612: error: 'POLLIN' undeclared (first use in this function)
fports.c:612: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fports.c:612: error: for each function it appears in.)
fports.c:612: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
fports.c:612: warning: (near initialization for 'pollfd')
fports.c:612: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
fports.c:612: warning: (near initialization for 'pollfd')
fports.c:612: error: storage size of 'pollfd' isn't known
fports.c:614: warning: implicit declaration of function 'poll'
fports.c:612: warning: unused variable 'pollfd'
make[3]: *** [libguile_2.0_la-fports.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/enge/lib-intel/guile-2.0.11/libguile'

Versions of software used:
gcc 4.4.7
libffi 3.0.5
libunistring 0.9.3
libgc 7.1
ltdl 2.2.6
gmp 4.3.1
pkg-config 0.23

I am attaching the config.log.

Andreas