Subject: bug#18506: stty dsusp undef fails.

From: Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:05:32 +0100

tag 18506 notabug
close 18506
stop

On 09/19/2014 03:09 AM, Edward Huff wrote:
> $ stty dsusp undef
> stty: invalid argument ‘dsusp’
> Try 'stty --help' for more information.
> $ stty --help | grep dsusp
>  * dsusp CHAR    CHAR will send a terminal stop signal once input flushed
> $ stty --version
> stty (GNU coreutils) 8.21

The dsusp entry is tagged with "*" to indicate it's not a POSIX setting,
and just above the --help says: "The underlying system defines which settings are available."
So it's just the case that this setting is not available on your system,
which is the case for Linux for example. Ideally the listed options would
be dynamic and not list this as an option for you, but this would complicate
the man page generation.

thanks,
Pádraig.